We are an all volunteer group providing humanitarian services to others our community during a time of need. When someone needs help, we work together to find solutions that will help ease the burden. We empower, support and give people an opportunity to come together and make a difference, right here right now.
How we do our work:
- We collect and donate needed in-kind items.
- We raise awareness about local needs and ways to help.
- We take action as a strong compassionate network for those who need someone to turn to.
- We provide guidance and referrals for services that are needed.
- We customize volunteer projects that help others and the community in meaningful and effective ways.
- We collaborate with other local groups, organizations and businesses that help those in need.
- We practice kindness for all.
Founded, Stamford, CT
Other Project Locations
2010 - Stamford, CT - HQ / projects all year
2012 - New Haven, CT - Winter Coat Drive
2013 - West Haven/Shoreline area, CT (joined New Haven) - Playground
2014 - New Bern, NC - Winter Coat Drive
Congratulations to Backyard Humanitarians Stamford, CT
on all your great work!
BEST LOCAL CHARITY - Best of Fairfield County Readers' Poll 2014
BEST VOLUNTEER GROUP - Stamford Plus Magazine, BEST OF STAMFORD 2015!
BACKYARD HUMANITARIAN® in your community
Would you like to have a Backyard Humanitarian group in your community? Please contact us for more info via email firstname.lastname@example.org.